Last week was crazy to say the least! Luke turned 2 on Thursday the 27th, which came on us so fast! The years are flying by with 2 children! 48 hours before Lukes birthday I had the stomach flu, which was the most awful thing ever. I was down and out with a fever and throwing up. Thankfully, I was on the mend by Thursday and 100% by Saturday in time for his little party. I also worked this past Saturday and Sunday night, which is rare for me to do 2 shifts in a row, but it was a holiday weekend so they needed the help (and I wanted the time and a half!!) On Sunday, Pete took the kids to see Shrek while I slept. I thought he was CRAZY for taking Luke, but amazingly he was good for the entire movie! I am convinced that he would never be that good for me, so I will not be taking him to the movies anytime soon. =)
Luke's birthday cake this year had a construction truck theme. He LOVED the cake sooo much that he insisted on not having a piece of cake on a plate, but eating from the cake itself. It was only family so I let his manners slide this year... plus it was darn hilarious!
So now on to the year of the terrible 2s! I have pretty much decided that the terrible 2s or whatever you want to call them, are far worse when there is another sibling around. Luke rarely has tantrums; he is more of the climbing, hitting, shaking his sippy cup so it leaks everywhere, drawing on furniture kind of boy. Very independent too, his favorite word right now is "no." Ahhh, did I say that I love having a boy...I REALLY DO!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LUKEY!!









No comments:
Post a Comment