Picture this: 9:30am, time to get in the shower and start the day. I take Luke and put him in the pack and play in my bathroom. Ella is given a refill on her drink with a snack and watches a show of hers out in the family room. She knows the rules, this is our routine and we love it (usually). So I get out of the shower dry off and head out of my bedroom to check on Ella. Instead of going out to the family room I am stopped in the hallway by a strong fruit smell. Looking to my left I see Ella coming out of her bathroom carrying a cup in her hands very carefully. Hmmm, I wonder what she is doing? Instead of stopping her in her tracks I decided to let her go into her room and follow her quietly. Much to my surprise I see her washing her play dishes and food in her play kitchen. Let me tell you there was water and suds everywhere! I played it cool knowing that nothing was really getting ruined, and when she said "mom these things were sooo dirty". How could I get mad. I had to explain to her that her sink does not have a drain and that the hand soap is for hands in the bathroom not to make bubbles in her sink! I wonder if she will be this enthusiastic about washing the dishes when she is older!






2 comments:
Too funny! Don't they do the cutest and most creative things at this age?? I love it!! Kirstin
Send her to my house! I'll put her to work for sure!
Post a Comment