Friday, June 19, 2009

Bad To The Bone

Well it's official! Our first bad accident has occurred, surprisingly it was with our cautious Ella!
Tuesday night she fell in our kitchen after running into me. She landed on her wrist just right to cause a buckle fracture. At first I thought she just hyper extended it, but when she woke up at 10:30pm in pain we knew it was something worse. Dad took her to the ER and brought her home at 2:30 am!! Love those ER waits! She is doing fine now and has adjusted to the splint and using her left hand. We see an orthopedic Dr. next week to see where we go from here. Hopefully the splint will only have to be on for a few weeks. Anyway, she is a trooper and is handling it quite well. Thanks to all the gifts from the grandparents...she'll probably break more bones if she realizes all she is scoring because of this!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ella!!! Poor little gal. Is it possible the ortho doc will put her into a hard cast?? Please keep us posted! Hang in there Ella...

Murphys said...

Oh Goodness, sorry to hear the news Ella!

Landon Richard Johnson said...

Hi Ella- feel better!

Hugs & Kisses!!!!!!

Christy said...

OH NO!! I leave for a week and poor Ella's in a cast! I hope she feels better soon!

And (((hugs))) for her poor Mommy! I'm sure that was scary for you!